George Irving, born 1777 at Hoddain, Scotland or 29 Jul 1794 at Poolscroft, Dumfries, Scotland, died 1863. He was the son of John and Janet (Cairo or Cain) Irving. He married Jane Strit or Stit, born 1786 in New Londonderry, Ireland, died 1889. The family came to NB about 1829 and settled at Mill Branch, Kent County.
The daughters were:
1) Elizabeth Irving b. 1817 in Dumfrieshire, Scotland, m. 4 Apr 1834 Alexander Robertson s/o Archibald and Marion Robertson: settled at Nicholas River in Richibucto Parish, Kent County
2) Mary Irving m. 25 Dec 1844 James Beers
3) Jessie Irving b. 1826 in Scotland, d. 1880, married 1845 Thomas W. Cail b. 1816 in Cumberland, England, d. 1881, s/o Jonathan and Christabel (Lewis) Cail: settled at Fords Mills and had issue
4) Jean Irving born in Kent County, NB, m. John Dunn
5) Agnes or Nancy Irving d. unm.
6) Margaret Ann Irving born 1835, d. 1862
The sons were:
1) George Irving born c1820, d. 1890, married (1st) 25 Dec 1867 Matilda Spencer born c1838, (2nd) his first wife’s widowed sister Rachel (Spencer) Oulton
2) Thomas Irving m. in Nov 1848 Isabella Robinson: settled at Mill Branch, NB
3) Herbert Irving m. 1850 Catherine Dargavel: the family went to Buctouche, NB: their son James Dargavel Irving was industrialist J.D. Irving
4) John Irving born 28 Apr 1832, m. 1865 Susannah Kirk.
PANB:MC1/Irving #2, 4 pages: the file contains a report titled The Irvings of Kent County by Deborah Hale, and a family group sheet.
See PANB:MC80/1397 Daniel F. Johnson’s New Brunswick lineages, pages 104-105.