John Reid, born 1817 in [Ballykerry], Ireland, died Dec 1900. He came to NB about 1832 with parents and five sisters and settled at Tay Creek, Douglas Parish, York County. He married, in 1837, Margaret Samson, the daughter of George Samson of Penniac, NB and settled at Stanley, NB.
1) James Reid: settled at Stanley
2) William Reid: settled in Stanley
3) John Reid Jr.: went to Washington State
4) George Reid: went to Minnesota
5) Miss Reid m. Hugh MacPherson of Tay Creek
6) Miss Reid m. John McAloon of Marysville
7) Miss Reid m. Edward McAloon of Cross Creek.
PANB:MC80/53 Frank Baird’s History of the Parish of Stanley, pages 120-121: John’s sisters married James Blair, Thomas Gaskin, Alexander Boyd of Tay Creek, John Lawrence of Boston, and Barnard Elliott of Stanley.
Robert Reid, born 30 Jun 1806 in County Derry, Ireland, came to NB in 1837 and settled at Youngs Cove, Waterborough Parish, Queens County. He married Martha Doherty and had five sons: James Reid and John Reid died in 1860.
PANB:MC80/364 E. Stone Wiggins’ History of Queens County, 1876, page 48: Robert came to NB with brother John Reid who never married.