Henry Thomas Wandless was born in 1810 at White Haven, England. He was the son of - Wandless and his wife Alicia Frazer. In 1810 his father died in a mine explosion and the widow and children moved to Newry, Ireland. Henry married (1st), c1831, Martha McWaters of Newry and came to NB shortly afterward. They first settled at Grand Lake, Queens County, then at Fredericton, York County.
child of the first marriage:
1) Alicia Anna Wandless b. 1835, d. 1932 in USA
After Martha’s death in 1840 Henry married (2nd), 30 Jun 1841, Mary Grey born 1825 in Millfield Hills, Berwick-on-Tweed, Northumberland County, England, daughter of Andrew and Mary Grey. She died in 1902. Henry died 1 Mar 1867.
children of second marriage:,br> 2) Eliza Wandless b. 1841
3) Andrew Wandless b. 1845
4) William Wandless b. 1850
5) Thomas G. Wandless b. 30 Jun 1851, died 24 Nov 1923, m. 20 May 1874 Dorcas M. Whitlock b. 5 Dec 1856 at Penniac, NB, d. 9 Mar 1918: they settled at Fredericton
6) Sarah Wandless b. 1852, d. 1853
7) John Wandless b. 1854, d. 1877
8) Anna A. Wandless b. 1857, d. 1933 in Boston, MA
9) Charles Wandless b. 1859
10) Robert Wandless b. 1861
11) Charlotte Wandless b. 1864.
PANB:MC1/Wandless, 10 pages
Mary Grey’s mother died at sea on way to NB. Mary Grey had brothers, Mark Grey, John Grey, James Grey, Alec Grey, and sisters Ann Grey, and Grace Grey married Robert Bennett of Stanley, NB.