James Acheson born 1801 in Ireland: came to NB in 1823: married, 4 Dec 1828, Mary Cockburn, born 1807. They settled in Saint Patricks Parish, Charlotte County
1) John Acheson b. 1832
2) George Adams Acheson b. 1834
3) Robert Acheson b. 1837
4) James Acheson b. 11 Oct 1840, m. 10 Sep 1865 Isabella Jane Dyer d\o Richard and Matilda Dyer.
PANB:MC1/Acheson #1, 11 pages: file contains 2 family group sheets, extracts from land petitions, marriage records for Acheson family members, and data on Dyer family of Elmsville, Saint Patrick Parish, Charlotte County: James may have arrived in 1823 with brothers Thomas, George and Robert Acheson.
see also PANB:MC80/1004 Freeman W. Towers A genealogical study of lineages: Towers-Acheson-MacLellan-Carson, page 14.
John or James Acheson born 1758, possibly at Markethill in County Armagh, Ireland,was the son of Alexander Acheson or s/o Guy Acheson or Francis and Jane Acheson. He married Sarah Elizabeth Adams, born 1772 at Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Ireland, died after 1861, the first daughter of George Adams and Ann Harris. They were at Monoon and Clodagh Townlands, Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Ireland before coming to NB in Aug 1825. They settled at Elmsville, Saint Patrick Parish, Charlotte County.
1) Thomas Acheson b. 20 Apr 1794 at Sligo, Ireland, d. 25 Feb 1859, m. 29 Jul 1824 at St. Andrews, a cousin, Mary Ann Carson born c1806 d/o William Carson: settled in Elmsville: had fourteen children
2) George Acheson born 1796 in Ireland, m. in Ireland, Bridget – born c1796: came to NB 1828: settled in Saint Patrick Parish: had three sons and one daughter
3) Rachel Acheson born 1798, married (1st) 1824 in Quebec, William Wilson? and had a daughter: m. (2nd) Alexander McMinn b. 1812 in Scotland: came to NB in 1830: had a daughter
4) James Acheson born 21 Oct 1799 in Ireland, m. 23 Aug 1827 or 4 Dec 1828 at St. Andrews, Mary Jane Coburn b. 1807: settled in Saint Patrick Parish: had six children
5) Jane Acheson bp. 26 Jun 1802 in Killesher Parish, Ireland, d. young
6) Elizabeth Acheson b. 27 Jan 1805 in Ireland, died 8 May 1883: m. 1 Jan 1825 John Baldwin b. 1799: settled in Elmsville, NB: had eleven children
7) Jane Acheson bp. 15 Mar 1807 in Ireland, d.18 Oct 1901 at Canfield, Haldimand County, ON, m. 6 Jan 1825 Thomas Baldwin born 1804: moved to Ontario in 1850: they had thirteen children
8) Margaret Acheson b. 13 Apr 1809 in Ireland, d. 1874, m. 16 Jul 1829 James Coburn born 10 Jul 1804, d. 1891: settled in Saint Patrick Parish: had eleven children
9) Sarah Acheson born 11 Jan 1810 in Ireland, died 17 Jun 1900, m. 23 Jun 1830 at St. Andrews, a cousin, William Carson II of St. Andrews, b. 1806: settled in Elmsville, NB and had nine children
10) Robert Acheson b. 11 Sep 1813, died 21 Mar 1900 at Canfield, ON, m. (1st) 22 Oct 1838 Mary Rogers b. 1821 at County Down, Ireland, d. 6 Oct 1840: had one child: m. (2nd) 2 Oct 1843 Barbara Ann McFarland b. 11 Sep 1815 in NB, d. 17 Jul 1896 at Croswell, MI, d/o Malcolm and Lucy McFarland of Scotland and NB: had five children
11) John Acheson b. after 1813: married a Roman Catholic and was disowned
12) William Acheson bp. 5 Jul 1818 in Ireland, died 7 Jan 1898, m. 10 Nov 1841 Sarah Jane Robinson born 1820 in NB: settled in Saint Patrick Parish and had eleven children
13) Mary Ann Acheson m. Robert Kerr: remained in Ireland and had four children.
see also PANB:MC80/1004 Freeman W. Towers A genealogical study of lineages: Towers-Acheson-MacLellan-Carson which says James Acheson Sr. was born c1742
see also PANB:MC80/1744 R. George Baldwin’s Early Baldwins and others of Charlotte County, NB and elsewhere, pages 98-99
see also PANB:MC80/2517 Milton W. Bush Jr.’s A history of John and Sarah Acheson, Irish settlers in New Brunswick 1825 and some of their descendants.