Dingleycooch: Former settlement, 3 mi. N of Head of Millstream: Studholm Parish, Kings County: Probably named for Dingle (formerly Dingle-i-Couch) Ireland. Ganong 1896 and Loggie 1901 Dinglecooch; Aiton 1867 Dingletycouch, now unoccupied, became a locality.
Dinnen Settlement: Former community, 4 mi. W of Hartin Settlement: Canterbury Parish, York County: it was first called Deadmans Corner for a man killed there with dynamite: it was renamed Dinnen Settlement: today it is a locality.
Doherty: Settlement, 3 mi. W of Salmon Creek and 3 mi. N of Hardwood Ridge: Northfield Parish, Sunbury County: Hugh Doherty was a settler: PO 1877-1926: in 1898 Doherty (or Dogherty) was a farming settlement with 1 post office, 1 grist mill, 1 sawmill and a population of 50: today it is a locality.
Dohertys Mills: See Saint-Grégoire (Wellington Parish, Kent County)
Donegal: Former settlement, 2 mi. E of Cedar Camp, on road to Mechanic Settlement: Waterford Parish, Kings County: settled in 1841: PO 1864-1917: in 1866 Donegal was a farming settlement with about 34 families: in 1871 it had a population of 150: in 1898 Donegal had 1 post office, 1 church and a population of 40: today it is a locality.
Donnelly Brook: Flows N into the Southwest Miramichi River. Alexander Donnelly was granted land on the opposite side of the River. Formerly named Moores brook for William Moore, the grantee at its mouth. (The main tributary of Donnelly Brook is still Moores Brook)
Donnelly Settlement: Community, 1 mi. S of Lake George: Prince William Parish, York County: named for John and Patrick Donnelly: became part of Lake George.
Dorn: See New Ireland (Alma Parish, Albert County)
Doyle Settlement: See Doyleville (Durham Parish, Restigouche County)
Doyles Brook: Settlement on the S side of the Southwest Miramichi River, 2 mi. E of Quarryville, on road to McKinleyville: Nelson Parish, Northumberland County: PO 1885-1954: in 1898 Doyles Brook was a farming, fishing and lumbering settlement with 1 post office and a population of 100: today it is a dispersed community.
Doyleville: Settlement, 2 mi. SW of Nash Creek, on road to Lorne: Durham Parish, Restigouche County: Joseph Doyle was a settler at Jacquet River in 1790: PO Doyle Settlement 1865-1919: PO Doyleville 1919-1960 with Patrick Doyle as first postmaster: in 1871 Doyleville had a population of 100: in 1898 it was a farming community with 1 post office and a population of 100: included Murchie Settlement, 1 mi. S of Doyleville: today Doyleville is a dispersed community.
Dundee: Settlement, 4 mi. SW of Eel River Crossing, on road to Val-d’Amour: Dalhousie Parish, Restigouche County: it was settled by Scots about 1830 and named for Dundee, Scotland: PO 1857-1955: in 1866 Dundee was a farming community with about 30 resident families: in 1871 it had a population of 200: in 1898 Dundee had 1 post office, 2 churches and a population of 150: included Shannonvale, 2 mi. W of Dundee: settled about 1832 by Irish immigrants: name inspired by River Shannon, longest in Eire: PO 1871-1956: in 1898 Shannonvale was a farming and lumbering community with 1 post office and a population of 50: Dundee became part of Eel River Crossing.
Dungarvin Settlement: Former community near Renous Bridge (now Quarryville): Derby Parish, Northumberland County: named for Dungarvan, Ireland: in 1866 it was a farming settlement with approximately 8 resident families.
Dungiven: Little Dover: Settlement, 1 mi. W of La Hêtrière: Dorchester Parish, Westmorland County: formerly called Dungiven: named for Dungiven, Londonderry, Ireland: PO 1867-1911: in 1898 Dungiven was a farming and lumbering settlement with 1 post office, 1 church and a population of 150: Little Dover became part of the village of Memramcook.