Janeville: Settlement on Nepisiguit Bay, 4 mi. SW of Clifton, on road to Salmon Beach: New Bandon Parish and Bathurst Parish, Gloucester County: named for Jane Dawson, wife of Benjamin Dawson, a settler in 1835: PO 1853-1913: in 1866 Janeville was a farming and fishing settlement with approximately 28 resident families including 10 Ellis families: in 1871 it had a population of 150: in 1898 Janeville was a station on Caraquet and Gulf Shore Railway and a settlement with 1 post office, 1 store, 1 hotel, 1 lobster factory, 1 sawmill, 1 church and a population of 200: today Janeville is a rail- way point and a dispersed community.
Joliffs Brook: Settlement, 2 mi. N of Belleisle Creek and 2 mi. SW of Irish Settlement: Springfield Parish, Kings County: included Northrup: PO 1899-1913: in 1904 Northrup was a railway siding and a small settlement with a post office: today Joliffs Brook is a dispersed community.
Johnville: 1861, 5 miles NE of Bath. PO 1862-1947. Named by Father Thomas Connolly for Bishop John Sweeny (1821-1901) who aplied for 10,000 acres of land in 1859 for the Saint John Emigrant Society. Settled 1861.
for lots more information on the community of Johnville, click here…