New Bandon: Settlement on the Bay of Chaleur, 3 mi. SW of Pokeshaw, on the road to Stonehaven: New Bandon Parish, Gloucester County: it was settled in 1819 by several families from Bandon, County Cork, Ireland: PO 1850-1913: in 1866 New Bandon was a farming settlement with about 50 families: in 1871 it had a population of 125: in 1898 New Bandon was a sub-port of entry, a flag station on Caraquet and Gulf Shore Rail- way and had 1 post office, 1 store, 1 hotel, 1 lobster factory, 1 church and a population of 250: today it is a dispersed community.
New Bandon: Settlement, 1 mi. SE of McNamee, on road from Ludlow to Doaktown: Ludlow Parish, Northumberland County: settled from Bandon, Ireland: today New Bandon is a dispersed community.
New Bandon Parish: Gloucester County: established 1831 from Saumarez Parish and named after Bandon, Ireland from where a number of local settlers came.
Newburg: Settlement, 3 mi. E of Newburg Junction: Northampton Parish, Carleton County: established 1820 by settlers from Derry, Ireland: included the community of Colbert Corner or Culbertson Corner: in 1871 Newburgh had a population of 300: PO Newburgh 1891-1912: in 1898 it was a settlement with 1 post office, 2 churches and a population of 250: today Newburg is a dispersed community.
New Ireland: Settlement, 8 mi. N of Alma: Alma Parish, Albert County: settled 1816: PO 1857-1892: in 1866 New Ireland was a farming community with about 68 families: in 1871 it had a population of 150: in 1898 New Ireland had 1 post office, 1 church and a population of 100: included community of New Ireland Road: PO 1864-1903: in 1866 New Ireland Road was a farming settlement with approximately 25 families: in 1871 it had a population of 150: in 1898 it had 1 post office and a population of 30: included community of Kerry: named for County Kerry in Ireland: PO 1876-1931: in 1898 it was a farming settlement with 1 post office, 1 church and a population of 75: New Ireland was abandoned about 1920: today it is a locality within Fundy National Park. [DALEY: Philip Daley born 1808 in Ireland, m. 1835 Mary Olsen b. 1818 in Ireland d/o Peter Olsen: this family settled at New Ireland, Alma Parish, Albert County: children, 1) David Daley b. 1840 at New Ireland, NB: 2) Dennis Daley b. 1841: 3) John Daley b. 1843: 4) James Daley b. 1847: 5) Mary Ann Daley born 1849, d. 1916, m. 31 Jul 1873 at New Ireland, John McCarron: 6) Susan Daley b. 1852: 7) Margaret Daley b. 1855: 8) William Daley b. 1858: 9) male Daley. PANB:MC1/McCarron, 2 pages]
New Ireland: See Hibernia (Hampstead Parish, Queens County).
New Ireland: An island in Passamaquoddy Bay between Pendleton Island and Macs Island. Owen 1845-46 New Id,; Ganong Journal 1883 New Ireland.
New Ireland Settlement: Former community, near New Jerusalem (now Jerusalem): Hampstead Parish, Queens County: in 1866 New Ireland Settlement was a farming community with approximately 9 resident families.
Newmarket: Settlement, 3 mi. S of Longs Creek: Kingsclear Parish, York County: settled about 1839 from Northern Ireland: in 1866 Newmarket was a farming settlement with about 21 families: PO 1884-1922: in 1898 Newmarket had 1 post office, 1 store and a population of 75: today it is a dispersed community.
North Clones: 1820, 13 miles N of Welsford. PO 1912-191. Named for Clones, County Monaghan, Ireland.
North Tetagouche: Settlement, 2 mi. NE of South Tetagouche: Bathurst Parish, Gloucester County: laid out as Kinsale about 1841: in 1866 North Tetagouche was a farming community with 35 families: in 1871 it had a population of 200: PO Tête-à-Gouche River North Side 1882-1915: in 1898 it had 1 post office and a population of 150: today North Tetagouche is a dispersed community.