David Floyd was born c1806, in Ireland, and died in 1877. He married Catherine McVey, born 1795 in Scotland, the daughter of Andrew and Mary McVey. She died on the 27th of July 1842. The family settled at Bloomfield, Kings County.
1) Andrew McVey Floyd b. 22 Oct 1832, m. Jane McComb b. 13 Dec 1834.
PANB:MC1/Floyd, 16 pages: this file contains pedigree charts titled The Floyds of Titusville, Kings County, NB by C.P. Floyd.
James Floyd came from Londonderry, Ireland to NB in 1822 with his wife and children. They took up land in Floyd Settlement or Fairfield in Saint Martins Parish, Saint John County.
Children mentioned were:
1) James Floyd Jr. married and had issue
2) Robert Floyd m. 1835 his first cousin Sarah Floyd and had issue.
PANB:MC80/180 H. McCullagh’s A short history of Fairfield, Tynemouth Creek and Gardner’s Creek pages 2, 4.
James’s brother John Floyd also came to NB.
John Floyd came from Donegal, Ireland. He came to NB in 1822 with his wife and children and took up land in Floyd Settlement or Fairfield in Saint Martins Parish, Saint John County.
children mentioned were:
1) Elizabeth Floyd m. James Brown and had issue
2) Sarah Floyd married 1835 her first cousin Robert Floyd and had children.
PANB:MC80/180 H. McCullagh’s A short history of Fairfield, Tynemouth Creek and Gardner’s Creek, page 2, 4.
John’s brother James Floyd also came to NB.