Thomas Joyce came from Waterford, Ireland to NB around 1800. He first settled at Pointe de Bute, Westmorland County, then at Botsford Portage. He married Elizabeth Ryan who was of Loyalist stock.
1) George Joyce m. Joanna Crow: settled at Great Shemogue
2) Thomas Joyce Jr. m. Mary Scantling: also settled at Great Shemogue.
PANB:MC80/5 W.M. Burns’ A history and story of Botsford, pages 73-74.
Thomas’s brother John Joyce came to NB in 1845 with his wife. They settled first at Botsford Portage, then at Melrose, NB.
1) Richard Joyce m. Miss Cole of Dorchester, NB
2) Margaret Joyce married and went to Kansas
3) Mary Joyce m. Daniel Murphy of Melrose, NB.