John Kelly, born c1796 in Ireland, married in Bandon, County Cork, Ireland, 27 Feb 1827, Mary Good, born c1800 in Ireland. They came to NB in 1848 and settled in York County>
order of children is estimated:
1) Ann Kelly born c1825, m. Mr. Nicholson: moved to Maine
2) Jane Kelly b. c1828, m. William Long
3) Margaret Kelly born c1833, m. John Ladds
4) Robert Kelly b. c1836, married Maria Walker
5) Richard Kelly b. c1839, m. Jane Mitchell
6) Mary Kelly born c1845, m. William Seymour
7) Jane Kelly b. c1848.
PANB:MC1/Kelly #1, 5 pages: Mary (Good) Kelly settled near some of her relatives: brother William Good b. c1788 County Cork, Ireland, m. Elizabeth – : her sister Ann Good b. c1809, m. c1840 Andrew Rice: her sister Margaret Good b. c1804, m. in Bandon, Ireland 2 Mar 1829 George Seymour: John Kelly may have had a stepsister Margaret Kelly b. c1821, m. Thomas Mitchell b. c1811 who came to NB in 1840 with his mother Eliza Mitchell b. 1770, and a brother, Richard Mitchell born about 1816.
John Kelly, born 1833 in Ireland. He married, 31 May 1866, Ellen Helena Gallagher, born 1843, died Jan 1920, the daughter of Michael Giles Gallagher and Bridget McCaffery. This family settled at Belleisle Creek, Kings County.
1) John Alfred Kelly b. Mar 1869, d. 3 Oct 1956 Medford, MA: m. Rosella Ryan of Sussex, NB, d/o John and Bridget (Dean) Ryan
2) Annie Giles Kelly b. 5 Dec 1871, d. 24 Apr 1938 at Fredericton, m. 1899 at Norton, NB, John Carten s/o James and Catherine (Tracey) Carten, d. 21 Feb 1955
3) Margaret Helen Kelly b. 6 Sep 1873, died unmarried Jan 1953 at Boston
4) Clement Michael Kelly b. 27 Oct 1877, d. 29 May 1949 at Saint John, NB, m. 14 Apr 1920 Mary Veronica O’Grady, b. 20 May 1887 at Saint John, NB, d/o John and Ellen (McCarthy) O’Grady, d. 31 Dec 1973
5) Charles Damian Kelly born 19 Oct 1881, d. 15 Dec 1966 Bangor, Maine, married 26 Sep 1910 Agnes Gertrude Hogan of Houlton, Maine.
PANB:MC1/Kelly #2, 30 pages. The file contains The Descendants of John Kelly, Belleisle Creek, Kings County, New Brunswick by Richard D. Kelly Jr., 1975
John Kelly may have had 2 brothers and 3 sisters: brother James Kelly was born 1827 in Ireland, married 28 Jul 1857 at Belleisle Creek, Mary McCurdy.
A note on page 3 states that John Kelly was son of Michael and Mary (Connell) Kelly who came from County Cavan, Ireland to Wickham, NB.
Ellen Gallagher’s father Michael Gallagher was born 1799, died 1869: he came to NB in 1817.
Mary O’Grady’s grand- parents were Thomas and Mary (Driscoll) O’Grady, and Jeremiah and Margaret (O’Brien) McCarthy.