Thomas Baker Maltby, born 1792 at Durham, England, the son of Thomas Maltby, died 2 Feb 1857. He married Margaret Kerton of Sutherland, England, born c1810. He came to NB in 1817 with wife and eldest daughter(verify with source documents as dates appear to be incorrect i.e. his wife would only have been 7 years old) and settled in Newcastle, Northumberland County. They had four sons and two daughters.
Children mentioned were:
1) Mary Ann Maltby b. – , d. age 75, m. Hiram Fish
2) Thomas Maltby Jr. born 1818, d. 14 Mar 1900, m. (1st) 1838 Mary Morgan of Belfast, Ireland who had come to NB in 1820: had six sons: m. (2nd) 1854 Margaret Anderson Keymes d/o William and Catherine Keymes and had five children: settled in Newcastle
3) Robert Maltby b. – , died in California at age 42,br> 4) George Maltby b. – , died at age eleven
5) John Maltby: later settled in Seattle, WA
6) Margaret Maltby b. – , d. Feb 1899 in London, England, m. Charles J. Simonds of Dalhousie s/o Richard Simonds.
PANB:MC80/2184 W.D. Hamilton’s Dictionary of Miramichi Biography.
See PANB:MC80/338 I. Allen Jack’s Biographical Review, pages 444-445.