Henry Maxwell, born 7 May 1806 in northern Ireland, was the son of Henry and Mary (Rowentree) Maxwell. He came to NB in 1826 and settled at Saint John. He married, 11 Feb 1835, Eliza Corbett who came to NB in 1820 with her father James Corbett.
1) William Henry Maxwell: to San Francisco, CA
2) James C. Maxwell: settled in Fredericton
3) Richard Maxwell: he settled in Saint John
4) Samuel R. Maxwell: settled in Saint John
5) Charles H. Maxwell: settled in Saint John
6) Jane Maxwell b. – , d. 1886, m. Richard Holt of Selkirk, Manitoba
7) Mary Maxwell m. Lewis W. Lingley of Saint John
8) Alice E. Maxwell m. Judge G.W. Burbidge of Ottawa
9) Ann E.C. Maxwell m. W.P. Court of Saint John
10) Bertha P. Maxwell m. John S. Hale of Ottawa
11) Emma C. Maxwell m. R.W. McCarty of Saint John
12) Ella Medill m. J.E. Narraway of Ottawa.
PANB:MC80/338 I. Allen Jack’s Biographical Review, pages 169-170.
James Maxwell came from Ireland to NB in 1785 and settled at St. Stephen, Charlotte County. He married Betsey Hill.
1) William Maxwell
2) Daniel Maxwell
3) Betsey Maxwell married Mr. Grimmer
4) John Maxwell
5) James Maxwell
6) David Maxwell died young
7) Joseph H. Maxwell
8) Polly Maxwell married Mr. Baldwin
9) John Maxwell d. young
10) Thomas Maxwell
11) George Maxwell
12) Samuel Maxwell b. 1810.
PANB:MC80/60 I.C. Knowlton’s Annals of Calais, ME and St. Stephen, NB, page 205.
John Maxwell, born – , died age 67. He came from County Tyrone, Ireland to NB and settled near Fredericton, York County. He married and had issue.
His son, John Maxwell, born County Tyrone, came to NB as an infant. He married Eliza Baxter, born County Tyrone. She came to NB when 12 years old, the daughter of Samuel Baxter who died during passage to NB. John Jr. and Eliza had seven children.
PANB:MC1156 Graves Papers: Robert Marshall, 1 page.
PANB:MC80/338 I. Allen Jack’s Biographical Review, pages 249-250.
William Maxwell, born c1727, probably at Minterburn, Ireland, (Co Tyrone, about 12 miles SE of the town of Dungannon and 3 miles from the Village of Caledon. ), the son of Hugh Maxwell of Bedford, MA, died 1824 in Heath, MA. He married, c1755, Sarah – . They first settled in Sackville, NB about 1761, then went to Maine in 1776.
1) Sarah Maxwell b. 27 Dec 1756, prob. d. c1778, m. 11 Jul 1775 in Sackville, NB, Simeon Jenks b. 4 Apr 1756 North Providence, RI, s/o James and Beriah (Crabtree) Jenks
2) Gersham Maxwell b. 7 Jun 1758, d. 6 Jan 1828, m. 19 Jan 1779 in Sackville, NB, Nancy Tower d/o Joseph and Judith (Briggs) Tower of Cumberland, RI and Sackville, NB
3) James Maxwell b. 7 Mar 1760 settled at Fairhaven, NS
4) Lily Maxwell born 14 Jun 1761
5) Phebe Maxwell b. 20 Aug 1763, m. 8 Nov 1786 in Westmorland County, NB, John Wry of Sackville, NB, b. – , d. 22 Sep 1824
6) Thompson Maxwell b. 9 Jul 1765, m. Judith Johnson: lived in Canaan, NH
7) Deborah Maxwell born 14 Apr 1767, m. Comfort Hicks
8) Benjamin Maxwell b. 16 Mar 1769: lost at sea
9) Abner Maxwell born 21 Feb 1771: lost at sea
10) Margaret Maxwell b. 7 Dec 1773: lived in Providence, RI
PANB:MC3/109 Louise Walsh Throop’s Early Settlers of Cumberland Township, Nova Scotia in National Genealogical Society Quarterly, page 271.