Henry McDonald, born c1738 probably in Ireland, died before 18 Oct
1791 in Halifax, NS. He married, c1760 Elizabeth – , born c1742, probably in Ireland, died after 1791. They settled in Cumberland Township, NS by 1761.
1) William McDonald b. c1762, died before 3 Sep 1799 in Westmorland County, NB, m. Rachel –
2) son McDonald who m. perhaps Ann Smith d/o James Smith.
PANB:MC3/109 Louise Walsh Throop’s Early Settlers of Cumberland Township, Nova Scotia in National Genealogical Society Quarterly, page 270.
Ronald McDonald, born 1787 at Bally Castle, County Antrim, Ireland, died 21 Apr 1857. He came to NB and settled on the Richibucto River in Kent County.
Daughter Mary McDonald, b. 1813, was the first non-Indian child born at Kingston.
PANB:MC80/7 Edward Gallagher’s History of old Kingston and Rexton, pages 35-36
The first non-Indian boy born on the Richibucto River was Nathaniel Hutchinson.
Ward MacDonald, born 1792 in Cork, Ireland, died 18 Apr 1843. He came to Nova Scotia in 1816, then Miramichi, Northumberland County, NB in 1816. He married, 5 Dec 1828, Elsie Caie, born c1800 in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, the daughter of Robert Shand Caie of Napan, NB. The family first settled at Chatham, NB, then to Mill Creek, near Richibucto, Kent County in 1831.
1) Robert MacDonald born Aug 1829, died 11 Sep 1837
2) Isabella MacDonald b. 1830, m. 22 Apr 1851 Allen Carter born 1821
3) Ward Chipman MacDonald b. 8 Aug 1834, d. 12 Nov 1882, m. (1st) Ellen Caie b. 1838 d/o Thomas and Sarah (Graham) Caie, d. 1865, married (2nd) c1872 Agnes Patterson b. 1847, d. 1933
4) Elsie Caie MacDonald born 1836, d. 3 Sep 1918, m. 24 Dec 1855 Robert Carter b. 1830, d. 1923
5) Anne Dorothy MacDonald b. 27 Feb 1839, d. 26 Dec 1850
6) James MacDonald born 1841, died 25 Apr 1876, m. c1865 Margaret McGraw born 1838 at Black River Bridge, d. 4 Mar 1925: family settled at Tweedie Brook, Carleton Parish, Kent County.
PANB:MC1/MacDonald #2, 11 pages: Elsie Caie’s sister Isabella Caie m. Joseph Schollick and lived in Mill Creek: her brother Thomas Caie married Sarah Graham and settled at Richibucto.