Stephen Millidge, probably born in NJ, was the son of Thomas Millidge of Hanover, Morris County, NJ and Mercy Barker or Sarah Botsford of Newton, CT, a sister of Amos Botsford who also settled in NB. Stephen came to NS in 1783 as a Loyalist and then moved to NB. He died 17 Sep 1803. He was married, Jan 1790, to Sarah Botsford, born 11 Sep 1771, the daughter of Amos Botsford, born – , died 20 Aug 1807. They settled in Westcock, Sackville Parish, Westmorland County.
1) Ann Millidge b. 1791, d. 18 Mar 1862 m. 24 Jan 1815 Israel Troop of Granville, NS
2) Mary Millidge m. Mansfield Cornwall: had four sons and seven daughters
3) Eliza Millidge b. 1799, d. 1888, m. Marmaduke A. Backhouse born 1794 at Carrick, Ireland, d. 19 May 1840: had nine children who all died unmarried
4) Caroline Millidge born 1796, d. 14 Aug 1821, m. (1st) Edward H. Cutler of Chatham, NB, m. (2nd) Samuel Cornwall b. -, d. 20 Sep 1824: they had one daughter
5) William Pagan Millidge born 1800, d. 20 Aug 1807
6) Phoebe Walker Millidge b. 25 Jun 1802, d. 25 Jan 1889, m. 22 Aug 1822 Edward Barron Chandler b. 1800, d. 1880: had nine sons and two daughters.
PANB:MC1156 Graves Papers: Millidge family notes, 2 pages.
See also PANB:MC80/31 W.C. Milner’s History of Sackville, New Brunswick, page 169.