Thomas Morrisey, born in Ireland, first settled in Newfoundland, then came to NB about 1819 and settled on Shippagan Island in Gloucester County. He married, at Shippagan, Élisabeth Chiasson and had two daughters:
1) Marie Morrisey b. 1838, married 5 Nov 1860 at Shippagan, Théophile Haché s/o Fabien and Angèle (Poulin) Haché
2) Virginie Morrisey married Xavier Blanchard.
PANB:MC80/286 Donat Robichaud’s Le grand Chipagan: histoire de Shippagan, page 365.
Thomas Morrisey, born 1816 Ireland, died 1880, first settled at Parrsboro, NS and married 27 Oct 1836, Amelia Pettis, born 1818 at Parrsboro, NS. The family moved to Harvey Parish, Albert County, NB about 1852.
1) John Morrisey b. 1838 in NS
2) Lucy A. Morrisey b. 1840 in NS
3) James A. Morrisey b. 1842 in NS
4) Thomas Morrisey born 1843 at Parrsboro, NS, d. 7 May 1905, m. 21 Sep 1869 at Sussex, NB, Mary Jane McShane b. 8 Aug 1844 Sussex, NB d/o Patrick and Nancy McShane, d. 5 Jul 1915: this family settled at Fosters Croft (Philmunro) Waterford Parish, Kings County, NB
5) Catherine Morrisey b. 1846 in NS
6) William E. Morrisey b. 1848 in NS
7) Charles E. Morrisey b. 1849 in NS
8) George E. Morrisey b. in NS 1851
9) Joseph Morrisey born 1853 in NB
10) Richard Morrisey born 1857 in NB
11) Caroline Morrisey born 1861 in NB.
PANB:MC1/Morrisey, 10 pages.