Edward Yardy was born in 1814 in Ireland. He was the son of William and Mary Yardy. He died c1871. He was married 29 May 1841 in Fredericton, York County to Catherine Smith, born 1816 in Enniskillen, Ireland, the daughter of Thomas and Ellen (Wright) Smith. She died c1871.
1) Mary Ellen Yardy b. 11 Mar 1843, d. young
2) Anna Elizabeth Yardy b. 1 Jul 1845, m. Jacob Vail in Boston
3) Ellen Yardy b. 1 Oct 1847, m. William Welch
4) Mary Yardy b. 14 Jan 1850, m. William H. Everett of Woodstock, NB whose first wife was Julia Williams
5) Edward Yardy b. 1852
6) Julia Alice Yardy b. 13 Aug 1854, married Charles Twiss
7) Edith Yardy b. 1856, m. Aaron Kearney
8) Susan Yardy b. 17 Jul 1860, m. Mr. Butterfield in Boston, Mass.
PANB:MC1/Burchill, 22 pages: the file contains Alexander Nicholls Burchill (1832-1906) – A Biography by Edward L. Affleck: data on William and Mary Yardy is on pages 9, 11-12: William Yardy b. c1780 in Ireland, d. 25 Dec 1863: Mary – b. c1788, d. 11 Apr 1871. They came from Ireland to NB in 1821 and settled in Fredericton, York County.
see also PANB: MC80/132 Lillian M.B. Maxwell’s The old grave-yard, page 135..