Walker Settlement: Community, 5 mi. E of Jeffries Corner and 4 mi. SE of Rockville: Waterford Parish, Kings County: named for Samuel Walker, a settler from Ireland about 1830: PO Walker’s Settlement 1884-1917: in 1898 it was a farming settlement with 1 post office and a population of 50: also included the settlement of Arnoldville: PO Arnoldville 1913-1917: today Walker Settlement is a dispersed community.
Waterford: Settlement adjacent Poley Mountain, 3 mi. S of Urney, on the road from Rockville to Cedar Camp: Waterford Parish, Kings County: first called Seely’s Mills: PO 1852-1875: in 1871 “Seeley’s Mills” and surrounding district had a population of 650: in 1898 Seely’s Mills was farming settlement with a population of about 450: it was renamed in 1875: PO Waterford 1875-1963: in 1904 it had 1 post office, 2 stores, 1 cheese and butter factory, 1 carriage factory, 2 sawmills, 2 grist mills, 3 churches and a population of 600: today Waterford is a dispersed community.
Waterford Parish: Kings County: created from Sussex Parish in 1874: Said to be named by Andrew McAfee because Dutch Valley reminded him of County Waterford, Ireland.
Waterloo Corner: Settlement, 3 mi. S of Salmon Creek, on the road to Joliffs Brook: Johnston Parish, Queens County: settled in 1819 by Irish immigrants who had fought with Wellington at Battle of Waterloo, 18 June 1815: became part of Irish Settlement and today it is a locality.
Watson Settlement: Community, 4 mi. W of Belleville: Richmond Parish, Carleton County: John Watson was a settler from Northern Ireland about 1828: PO 1859-1916 with John Watson as the first postmaster: in 1866 Watson Settlement was a farming community with approximately 45 resident families including Adam, James, John and William Watson: in 1871 it had a population of 200: in 1898 Watson Settlement had 1 post office and a population of 100: today it is a dispersed community.
Wicklow: Settlement on W side Saint John River, 4 mi. N of Florenceville, on the road to Upper Wicklow: Wicklow Parish, Carleton County: named for town on the E coast of Ireland: it included community of Chester: PO Wicklow 1848-1912: in 1866 Wicklow was a farming settlement with 37 families: in 1871 it had a population of 300: in 1898 Wicklow had 1 church and a population of 50: today is a dispersed community.
Wicklow Parish: Carleton County: it was set off in 1833 from Kent Parish and named for County Wicklow in Ireland.
Woodpecker Hall: Settlement on McManus Lake, 2 mi. E of Hampton: Hampton Parish, Kings County: was named by settlers fo